Wednesday, September 5, 2012


Day 6 – At sea in the Baltic Sea, destination Tallinn, Estonia – September 3, 2012

In my last blog, I mentioned that we got to sleep in today. Our exhaustion from our Berlin outing, plus moving the clocks ahead one hour, meant that we woke up – at noon! Since we are at sea all day, that meant our most major decision for the day was: do we have breakfast now, or lunch? We decided upon lunch. We hadn't done much on board ship because every day has been a port of call. So we went to the fitness center and worked out for three hours. No, we didn't!

We did find out that there is a pops choir for passengers, so we went to a rehearsal and may perform in it the last night of the first part of the cruise, but listen up, Pioneer Ridge Glee Club: they are not up to our standards.
The Commodore and First Mate

Tonight was formal night. I was in my tux and Karen in her finest to show up for dinner. I think we looked good, if I do say so myself. We showed up at our table to share a bottle of champagne with our eating companions, as we celebrated our anniversary again. Princess showered us with gifts. No, they didn't! We got two balloons outside our stateroom and a little cake with a candle after dinner. Big whip! But our tablemates enjoyed the celebration, especially since I bought the champagne.

I mentioned in a previous post that initially we were at a table by ourselves, as the other couple never showed. I requested a change and we were seated at a table with two couples from New Zealand (where we vacationed last year) and the two men both worked in the computer industry, as I did, so we had lots in common to talk about and they are all most pleasant. We look forward now to dinner each night.
Cheers!


Tomorrow Tallinn, Estonia, which will be country # 38 for me... but who's counting? (I guess I am.)

No comments:

Post a Comment